The resulting song or loop can be exported to a WAV/MP3 file and all MIDI events can be exported to a standard MIDI file.
Fruity Loops Studio
is a pattern based sequencer meaning you can create your songs in
pieces (patterns) using the Step Sequencer and the Piano Roll view and
then weld those pieces together using the Playlist window (the Playlist
also supports full-feature
Then you can add a wide range of effects
to your instruments (reverb, phaser, flanger etc.) and route the
resulting mixer tracks in any way you like to create complex mixing
chains with ease.
Here are some key features of "FL Studio":
- Internal 32 bit floating point mixing, up to 96kHz stereo.
- Supports DirectSound and ASIO enabled sound cards for audio output.
- Ability to function as a VSTi, DXi and a ReWire client.
- Ability to host ReWire clients itself.
- Realtime linear interpolation & sophisticated interpolation algorithms at rendering time.
Open architecture allowing third-party instruments (enhanced
proprietary FL instruments standard, VSTi and DXi2) and effects
(enhanced proprietary FL effects standard, VST, VST2 and DirectX).
full set of high-precision mastering and special effects filters:
reverb, compressor, procedural equalizer, distortion, phaser, flanger,
bass boost, delay line and other.
- Advanced sequencing methods
allowing quick entering of realistic drum loops (step sequencing grid)
and composing complex instrumentals (advanced piano roll, arpeggiator,
keyboard tracking, real-time gate).
- Unique note properties morphing ability (pitch, cutoff, resonance, panning).
Advanced mixer: 68 mixer tracks (64 insert and 4 send tracks)
supporting up to 8 filters each; mixer tracks rerouting for creating of
complex mixer chains; track recording with ASIO input support (for
recording MIDI, vocals etc.); integrated procedural equalizer, volume
and panning for each mixer track.
- Integrated instruments: Sampler,
TS404 (the popular bassline engine), 3xOSC (subsynth), Plucked! (plucked
strings), MIDI Out, DX10 (FM synth), Scratcher (turntable emulator),
WaveTraveller (wave bend synth), Wasp (demo), SimSynth Live (demo), and
- Advanced playlist & full-featured audio tracks.
- Live recording of control movements & integrated automation events editor.
- Easy MIDI remote controlling of most parameters (VST plugins supported as well).
- Procedural control over parameters by using special controller plugins.
- Click removal & volume ramping to avoid pops.
- Imports *.WAV, *.SYN (SimSynth 1 & 2), *.DS (DrumSynth) files, with effects applied.
- Imports MIDI sequences and controller events.
- Exports audio to 16Bit or 32Bit *.WAV file, *.MP3.
- Can export MIDI notes & controller events to a standard MIDI file.